blob: f44b84d1dfcf8bc52f7bd5e128d7f2fac63243ee (plain
KEYWORDS="algebra lisp science"
SHORT="Lisp implementation of MIT Macsyma for computer based algebra"
cat << EOF
Maxima is a Common Lisp implementation of MIT's Macsyma system for computer
based algebra. Maxima is now about to be released under the GNU Public License.
* Plotting via netmath over the network.
* Computations over network
* Well tested on a large array of problems.
* Source level Debugger for maxima code
* Documentation available as html, or texinfo and so info, and so dvi
* Latest source development version available or look here for how to
download using cvs.
* Easy to extend in fundamentally new ways, because you have complete
access to source, and access to Common Lisp.
* Portable to many systems.
* Now covered by GNU public license, so it will stay free.
* Was the first computer algebra system, and is one of the best.
* It is possible to evaluate forms from web pages in local maxima or in
remote ones. Also to access pari, octave, and gap from netmath.